Meet below hole one near Jay Lively at 3:45, we will try to tee off by 4:10. Check out the latest McPherson handicap averages.
Here is how it works: The first time a player comes out, he/she establishes their handicap (average) for the course. The cost is $1 and that player is not eligible for prizes that day. After you have an established handicap, the cost per league is $5. At the end of the round, all the scores are entered and everyone’s handicap is calculated. We pay out the top 40-45% each week in new discs and other prizes.
Every other week we use one of two methods to determine the groupings (usually foursomes). One week is random draw and the next is sorted by average scores so the groupings are tournament-like. So, if a player is averaging 58.5 (+4.5) and shoots a 54 (even par), then his/her result for that league is -4.5
Check out the current averages at McPherson:http://flagstaffdiscgolf.org/
After a player has ten recorded scores, the system drops the highest and lowest, averaging the remaining eight. If a player averages under par (which is 54), their remaining handicap is 80% of their average. For example, is a player averages 5-under 49, their handicap is 50.
We usually have a closest-to-the-pin prize and an optional ace pool and birdie club.
Saturday League is back at Thorpe Park for the season. Daniel Crim will has volunteered to run this league through the summer. See you out there on Saturdays!
- 15 to 20 week season TBD but probably finishing at the end of August
- $5 buy-in
- $1 optional ace pool
- Random draw for groupings with the TD starting on hole 1.
- We will use existing Thorpe handicap scores for those who have them and the existing handicap formulas.
- If you do not have a Thorpe handicap, you must play once to establish a handicap
- You do not have to pay to establish
- There is a prize for lowest handicap for the season
- For the purposes of lowest handicap for the season, you have to play at least eight times
- Cash payout directly after the conclusion of that week’s round
- Bag tags on the line every time but just within the group
- If the TD has thrown his first tee shot, you can still get in, but you have to pay double. The extra $5 will be added to prizes.
Videos of the Week
For state-wide tournament info and to register or renew for the Arizona Disc Golf Club, check them out the new azdgc.com!