The Flagstaff Disc Golf Club is an organization of professional, amateur, and recreational disc golfers in Flagstaff and Northern Arizona. We are dedicated to growing the sport of disc golf in the Northern Arizona region. We host weekly leagues, monthly and annual tournaments, and beginner clinics. Our club members help to maintain and manage the land and equipment of all the Flagstaff Disc Golf courses. Since 1998, we have been responsible for the creation, assistance and development of PDGA approved courses in town, including the courses at Thorpe Park, McPherson Park, Arizona Snowbowl and Northern Arizona University. We are currently working with private entities as well as city and county parks faculty to provide the community with future courses and public education opportunities. Through this website, with cooperation of club members and local supporting businesses, we also provide vital information for all things disc golf in Flagstaff, including course maps and directions, downloadable scorecards, lost-and-found service (new!), and all information concerning local, regional and national disc golf news. Flagstaff Disc Golf Club membership is FREE and open to everyone who enjoys the sport of disc golf. Currently, there is no formal league dues or membership responsibilities. We are a grassroots organization and expect all players involved in the club to respect each other as well as the Flagstaff community while enjoying our sport. Formal club membership is a possibility for the future, but for now we accept anyone who is interested in coming out and setting a good example for the community while having fun playing the great sport of disc golf! All FDGC leagues collect $1 per player for club funds. This money is used each year for the following:
- General course maintenance: construction materials and hardware for alternative pin placements, printing and installation of course teesigns, printing and installation of course information boards.
- Materials and printing of league materials including scorecards and handicap scores.
- Club equipment, including rakes, saws, brooms, ice-chipping tool (for winter teepad maintenance), wheelbarrow, etc.
- Course equipment, including portable baskets and discs for trial use (new)
- Maintaining an inventory of discs and disc-golf related items, available as league prizes and for purchase at discounted prices.
- Funding payout to annual tournaments, monthlies and leagues. This includes closest-to-the-pin prizes as well as amateur merchandise payout and professional prize money.
- Sponsoring regional and local sanctioned tournaments as well as charity events. We are humble but generous.